Healthy Summer Camp
One of the hardest things that parents face today is having the time and the patience to help their kids with their homework. But rest assure, this is a perfectly normal situation that most parents go through. You may ask yourselves why this happens? My best advice as a parent is to take a few minutes to meditate and analyze the situation.
Some tips that may help improve your kids success are:
1. Set a goal and define your strategy.
2. Avoid giving your child reasons for making excuses.
3. Help improve their self-esteem and confidence by letting them get the answers to the questions on their own, this will also help them built their trust and will encourage independent growth.
4. Make sure you check their answers at the end and go over corrections when needed.
5.Be enthusiastic and set the right mood.
6. Patiently listen to your child when they are having difficulty with their homework.
In the end one of the most important things that we need to have as a parent is patience. Please remember that each child is unique and that some may require more time and attention than others.
It's that time of the year when parents become concerned on how to entertain their kids during the summer. Unfortunately, in today's complex and over stimulating world, our children are habituated to multi-tasking and are unable to accept simplicity which may result in anxiety. This makes it difficult for parents to find a summer program suitable to meet their kids ever changing needs.
With this in mind All-Stars Academy would like to provide you with some tips on how to choose the best summer camp.
1. Select a camp that offers multiple activities, which include sports, scholastics and leadership development.
2. Ask about the camps Mission and Vision.
3. Identify hidden fees and cost that may turn out to be more expensive in the long run. Some camps give you a low price for their camp fee, but they charge you extra for daily lunches, field-trips, pre-camp care and post camp care.
4. Make sure the camp has the option to offer indoor and outdoor activities, this will avoid your kids to be overexposed to the heat, reducing the risk of dehydration and heat stroke.
5. Get to know the camp staff and create a relationship that will help your child feel more comfortable and secure.
All-Stars Academy hopes that these tips help you determine which experience is the most suitable for your child's individual needs.
We wish you success in your selection, and may you have a safe and fun summer.